Monday, May 23, 2005
( 9:12 AM ) teahouse
Weekend in New York
I had one of those fun, relaxing weekends in New York. I did a lot, but I felt un-stressed and relaxed. Here's what the Boy and I did:
1. We went to a recital for a bunch of little kids. They played the violin and piano, Suzuki method.
2. He dragged me to a bar to watch two Mets/Yankees games.
3. We walked through three street fairs. I bought two gorgeous orchids for really cheap.
4. I dragged him to two open houses. A condo and a co-op on the Upper West Side. As a homeowner, he was my bad cop. He asked all of the tough questions to the realtors.
5. I dragged him to an aquarium store to look at the tropical fish, and dream of a day when I'll own a place big enough for a 40-gallon aquarium.
6. We went to mass.
7. I ran a 10K.
8. And after all of that, I lay on the couch, drank cafe au lait and read the New York Times.
Incidentally, the Boy reads this blog and doesn't like being referred to as "the Boy." He says it makes him sound young and small. He much prefers, "The Man," "The King" or better yet, "The Emperor."