Wednesday, June 15, 2005
( 8:27 AM ) teahouse
It's Too Darn Hotttt
It's been in the 90s all along the East Coast this week.
This is worse than the hottest summer I spent in Texas when I was in school. It's worse than the hot, sticky summers that punctuated my memories of childhood in the Deep South.
How hot is it?
1. It's so hot, that every morning the sunscreen on my face melts and drips into a pool on my collar.
2. It's so hot, that when I get up off a subway seat, I leave sweat stains behind.
3. It's so hot, that I've started taking 5-minute breaks at work to stand in front of the open door of the mini-fridge in the office pantry.
4. It's so hot, that the aromatherapy candle in my bathroom spontaneously melted yesterday while I was at work.
5. It's so hot, that instead of a morning coffee each day, I've been buying a morning Gatorade. #