Tuesday, November 01, 2005
( 7:53 AM ) teahouse
All Righty Then
I had no idea that yesterday's post would inspire so much discussion.
I think today I'll blog about much more mundane and non-controversial things. Here's a list:
1. Yesterday I had lunch with this soon-to-be-published author. Such fun! It's always a thrill to meet other bloggers in person.
2. I bought a bunch of candy, but I didn't get any trick-or-treaters. I guess I'm still too new in my building. "Stay away from that old abandoned apartment. Old woman THB lives there..don't go toward her door or she'll chase you away with a broomstick!"
3. The aged heaters in my new apartment are creaking into action with the cold weather. But it sounds like there's a little elf inside each unit, hammering away with a huge axe or anvil. It's unnerving.
4. The Boy bought himself a cheap pair of slippers in Chinatown, to leave at my place and wear around when he's over. They're appropriately hideous and covered in English words that make no sense, like all proper clothing products made in Asia. Whenever he isn't here, and I see them sitting in the corner, I grin like an idiot.
5. I can't wait to see the new movie version of Pride and Prejudice. If it's good it will be fun. If it's bad and doesn't measure up to the 1995 BBC miniseries, I'll just have a good laugh.
6. My new apartment is down the street from a big movie theater where they do premieres. Over the weekend, on the way home I had to walk through a huge crowd of people and past a red carpet surrounded by reporters. My doorman told me this is a common occurrence, and that last week Madonna was there.
7. My parents called me last night from the far away country where they live, many time zones away. My mother had an abnormal Pap smear last month, and test results came back positive for cancer. But it was detected very early, so we're optimistic. It's just hard to have her so far away. #