Thursday, November 24, 2005
( 1:04 PM ) teahouse
Turkey for You and Turkey for Me
Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!
I think the Canadians have a better idea. Thanksgiving in October is nicer, and gives people more of a breather before the insanity of Christmas.
That said, we're cooking up a storm right now. The turkey is in the oven, the Sister is watching the That 70s Show marathon, the Boy is on his way over, and I'm taking a break.
Despite the fact that I live only a block from the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade route, we were too lazy to wake up for it. So we watched it on tv, hahaha.
Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday. This year I'm thankful for:
- my parents' happiness and health,
- my fabulous new apartment,
- my wonderful Sister who never fails to remind me to wash my hands after touching raw meat,
- my wonderful Boy who is in Chinatown right now buying last-minute groceries and utensils for our dinner, just because I asked,
- cable tv, and
- Trader Joe's chicken broth.
Happy Thanksgiving to everyone. May you be surrounded by love today and throughout the year. #