Sunday, January 07, 2007
( 9:23 PM ) teahouse
All Around the Town
This weekend I did the following:
1. Watched Saddam Hussein's snuff film on YouTube (talk about disturbing!)
2. Saw this tribute to the Godfather of Soul while I was walking through Times Square (very touching):
3. Paid back my newspaper guy $3.50 for the free Sunday NY Times he gave me last week (I had been finishing a run in Central Park, so I had no cash, but he let me take a paper, saying that he knew I'd pay him back next time I saw him - and people say New Yorkers don't trust each other!)
4. Found a new coffee guy in the morning - he set up his cart in front of my apartment just a week ago, so now I can enjoy great coffee for only 75 cents a cup on my way to the subway every morning - and he's cute too!!
5. Walked around enjoying the strangely summery weather in NYC wearing a t-shirt and sandals - it was 71 degrees Fahrenheit on Saturday!
6. Stuck Salonpas pads all over my aching body. I ran too hard last weekend and my feet still hurt. I'm definitely turning into one of those achey old women. I'll need a cane soon. I did some experimenting with sticking them in unmentionable places. I won't get into details, but suffiice it to say that those things aren't meant to be applied to sensitive mucosal tissue...#