Thursday, January 04, 2007
( 12:02 AM ) teahouse
Over the last six months, my life has changed in many more ways than I could have imagined.
The primary thing is that, upon making the jump from high-paid BigLaw lawyer to low-paid in-house lawyer, I have pretty much dropped down in socioeconomic class.
In short, I'm flat broke.
Here's a comparison between old and new.
My OLD life included the following:
1. Frequent drinks and fancy dinners on the town with my girlfriends a la Sex and the City;
2. Running on the treadmill at my fancy gym...
3. Getting nice massages and manicures at the beauty parlor.
My new life includes the following:
1. Staying in most nights with the Boy and cooking food purchased from the local Food Emporium with coupons I've clipped from the newspaper;
2. Running in Central Park because it's free; and
3. Making the Boy rub my back and feet.
In the past month, I've found, surprisingly, that I'm actually not bad at cooking! Here's a sampling of what I've been cooking up:
Here's the roast I made for Christmas dinner.
I only have a photo of the uncooked version, because the cooked version was so good we ate it all before I had time to take a picture.
Here is the plate of breaded and fried pork chops I made for dinner the other night:
And here's the whole fish I sauteed for dinner tonight: