Monday, April 23, 2007
( 12:02 AM ) teahouse
I'd say that in many ways, I'm not your average stereotypical girly-girl.
1. I don't get all teary-eyed when I see babies. Granted, they're cute, and I do want some of my own. But most people's babies look very unattractive to me - they spit up, and cry a lot, and generally smell bad. I don't really like to play with them, and my voice doesn't go up 2 octaves when they're around.
I figure that when I have my own, I'll take care of them because I love them, but I'll probably hate changing diapers and wiping up poop.
2. I don't like dogs or cats. I'm allergic to both, and I don't find them cuddly or fun to hold. I'll never be an old woman with cats.
3. Bugs and roaches don't scare me. When I see a roach, I usually calmly step on it and kill it. I'm pretty cold-blooded about it.
4. I'm not a very good cook. I've never cooked up a fancy gourmet meal to impress a guy. I usually just throw money at the problem, and say, "Hey, let's go out for sushi!" I hate to do dishes, too. And my apartment is really messy and unorganized.
5. I don't particularly like shopping. I'll go to the mall when I need something specific. I do have a lot of clothes and shoes, but mostly because I'm so unorganized that I lose everything, and then constantly have to go out and buy new stuff.
6. I haven't had my whole wedding planned in my head since I was a kid. And I haven't had my children's names selected, either. When I get married and have kids, I'll have to start planning from scratch. I have no idea what I want.
And FINALLY, the last reason I'm not a stereotypical girly-girl,
7. Over the weekend, the Boy gave me this secret decoder ring and an offer I couldn't refuse, and I've waited until the end of this long-ass post to tell you all.
And I'm not sure what the next step is. I think I'm supposed to call the church or something.