Tuesday, January 01, 2008
( 4:53 PM ) teahouse
Happy 2008 to everyone!
2008 promises to be a good year for me. It will be the year of my wedding, and of new beginnings. I'm really looking forward to it.
The Fiance and I spent most of the last two weeks, the end of 2007, getting ready to, as the old-fashioned term goes, set up housekeeping together in anticipation of our marriage and consolidating our households.
Yes, in the olden days, a gentleman would often propose to a lady by saying, "Shall we set up housekeeping together?"
I think that setting up housekeeping has something to do with buying a blender and some tableware, and maybe some extra sheets and towels.
In my case, setting up housekeeping has involved the following:
1. Cleaning out my closets and sweeping up a bunch of dust and a dead mouse;
2. Reorganizing my bookshelves and packing up 4 huge boxes of books and unused stationery to put into storage;
3. Throwing out a decade worth of old clothes to make room for the Fiance's things;
4. Donating 28 pairs of shoes to charity (yes, 28!! That's not a typo!)
5. Watching lots of episodes of Clean House for inspiration; and
6. Being dragged away from the tv by the Fiance, who keeps muttering something about how I should be cleaning my home instead of sitting on the couch doing nothing while watching people on tv clean their homes.
I'm happy to report that things are well on their way to blissful marital cohabitation.
Well, after I get rid of that sinkful of dirty dishes. #