Thursday, January 14, 2010
( 10:25 PM ) teahouse
Things I Hate About January
1. It's so friggin' cold!!!
2. It's so dry, not just my lips are chapped. But my whole face. My whole body. My forehead is one big, dry, peeling mess. Even my HANDS are chapped.
3. Christmas is over. No more vacation. No more Santa Claus for another year.
4. Since it's the beginning of the new year, my 401k and Social Security tax are being taken out of my paycheck again. My first paycheck of the new year was depressingly small.
5. I feel guilty whining my paycheck in #4 above, given that I'm lucky to have a job in this horrendous economy.
6. I ate too much over the holidays, and the cold makes me eat more, and now I have a pot belly I can't get rid of.
7. Because it's past Oscar season, there are no good movies showing.
8. Every day of January, I'm reminded of how I haven't kept my New Year's resolutions.