Wednesday, August 18, 2010
( 12:17 AM ) teahouse
All the Single Ladies
The Husband is out of town for the next 10 days for work.
He's in a remote location with limited cell phone and internet access.
This is the first time we've been apart for this long since before we got married. And honestly, it's taken some getting used to!
But after a couple of sleepless and lonely nights, I've fallen into a routine.
I've been trying to look on the bright side of this separation and list all of the fun things about having my apartment to myself while he's gone:
1. I get to monopolize the tv and stay up late watching artsy French movies on IFC and the Sundance Channel, without hearing him complain about how I like weird movies and he'd rather be watching ESPN.
2. I get to hog the bed - and I'd forgotten what fun that can be!
3. When the alarm goes off in the morning, instead of turning it off right away so as not to disturb him, I can blast NPR and get all of my news on high volume, the way I like it.
4. I can put something down, walk away and know it will still be there when I return. Woo hoo!
5. I don't have to share the bathroom with anyone!
6. There are a helluva lot fewer dishes and dirty clothes lying around, since it's just me!
So basically, it's like I'm a single lady again.
I love being married, but occasionally a little change keeps it all interesting. #
I remeber hearing, "the best part about being single is that you have the bed all to yourself, the worst part about being single is that you have the bed all to yourself"
One of my best friends' bf occasionally works in "remote areas with limited cell phone and internet" and we call him the secret agent (behind his back, of course).
let's hang out!