teahouseblossom
Wednesday, January 26, 2011

      ( 10:22 PM ) teahouse
 
You Can Trust the System!

I use a popular online delivery service to order food from lots of restaurants here in Manhattan.

Today I went to their site and noticed a jarring graphic on their home page. They had a photo of a Chinese food takeout container, with a pair of chopsticks sticking up vertically out of the container.

In many Asian cultures, this is a no-no. Just type "chopsticks sticking up" into Google and you'll see why.

So I emailed the company and told them. I said it really nicely - I've been a loyal customer for many years, and I just thought they might want to know that. It's just a bit jarring to go to their home page and see it. It brings back memories of getting yelled at by my parents when I was a kid and fooling around at the dinner table.

And they wrote back, thanking me profusely for pointing me out and offering me a discount code for my next order!

Sometimes the system DOES work!
#


6 comments



6 Comments:



Discount for helping them save face!

By Anonymous Kabitzin, at 1:34 AM  

Hahahaha..seriously. I'm a roving consumer advocate!

By Blogger teahouse, at 1:08 PM  

way to go, a double save

By Blogger ... Paige, at 5:08 PM  

I can't believe there was no one there that knew that!

By Anonymous taiwanjason, at 4:41 PM  

Good job! On behalf of all the OLDER Chinese patrons in NYC, I say thank you.

By Blogger Ming the Merciless, at 10:21 PM  

huh, cool. good job!

By Blogger Pearl, at 12:37 PM  

Post a Comment


THIRTYSOMETHING (!!) year old Asian American New Yorker, lawyer, amateur musician, curious girl taking a bite out of the Big Apple. Don't mess with me - I'm short and I look demure, but I carry a big purse. And I've just embarked on the journey of married life in Manhattan.


Currently Reading
The Labors of Hercules by Agatha Christie

Currently Listening To
Mozart: Sinfonia Concertante

Currently Watching
Poirot: The Clocks

E-mail teahouseblossom

Cool Blogs

Acaligurl

Annie Bunny

Anny's Life

Baby Lawyer

Be the Boy Will

Beth's Imperfect Life

Blonde Justice

Blue Poppy

Breakup Babe

Bridget's Happily Ever After

Chelle's Escape

City Wendy

Colleen's Loose Leaf Notes

Milly, Cottage Girl

Daymented

Divine Angst

The Dorsal Stream

Eclectic Blonde

Equilibrium Girl

G-Man

Geese Aplenty

Hello World It's Me

Hubsville

Jannie Funster

Jen and Tonic

Jolynn Wrapped in Pink Sheets

Juliet - Never Been Lived Before

Kabitzin

Adventures of Law Mommy

Magic Cookie

Meish

The Melman Blog

Ming the Merciless

Mrs. Mogul

Nathan's Karate Clerk Adventures

Neil, Citizen of the Month

New Orleans Daily Photo

Paige of a Book

PanaJane

Passion, Schmassion

Patricia Elizabeth

Polly and the Mooch

Robin's Pensieve

Run Jen Run

Runway Lights

Screaming Bean

Shrewness

Simply Me Ally

Sunflower Gurl

Swirly Girl

Tara Lynn

TCho's World

The Torn Pages

Transmogriflaw

Unforgiving Bitch

Virginia Belle

This is Witt

Wonkess, the Undomestic Mama



Other Links

American Orchid Society

Center for Public Integrity

Dear Abby

Frontline

National Public Radio

New York CitySearch

New York Road Runners

NOW With David Brancaccio

Rotten Tomatoes

The Movie Spoiler

archives:
Powered by Blogger