Saturday, May 14, 2011
( 12:21 PM ) teahouse
There is nothing, I repeat, nothing, sketchier than Newark Penn Station after 11 p.m.
I was there last night, and here are some of the things I saw:
1. A homeless man in a shouting match with the proprietor of a bodega, after the proprietor caught the homeless man trying to stick some candy in the pocket of his old, ratty jeans.
2. Another homeless man lying on the floor on his side, asleep and with his buttocks entirely exposed.
3. 3 women who looked like Eastern European prostitutes, milling around near the turnstiles and eating bags of pretzels.
4. Another man crouched near the turnstiles, unzipping his pants and engaging in what looked like humping on the turnstiles.
5. A midget in a green leprechaun hat, yelling about how the end of the world is coming next week.#
WOW, that is a LOT of local color is one small place.
By 7:06 PM, at
You're pretty brave to go through that place at that late hour.
Wait until I write my post about my recent visit to the Baltimore Greyhound station!
It's classic NYC. :)
Oh yeah, that end of the world thing...I heard it was today the 21st at 6pm...
huh, I could see any one of those things in my neighbourhood, well, except maybe the leprechaun, but not all in one night.